Once upon a time I promised somebody that I would blog "more often" when I moved away, "no matter how mundane." I even aspired to blogging once a week. Ha.
The problem is, our first week here I had lots to do (and possibly lots to say) but not much time. Now, Robert works all day, and I have all the time in the world - okay more like 8 hours - but not a single thing of note to say about it. Other than things like, "I have decided the most efficient route to the laundry room on the second (and a half) floor" or "Did you know that poop (dog's) steams when it's below freezing outside?" Not really the stuff of blog history.
So, thanks to one of my favorite blogs to follow (my sister's mother-in-law actually) I'll try to scrape together a recap of things I did in January. I'll even try my best to remember all the way back to January before the move.
Books I Read:
New Moon & Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer (the 2nd & 3rd books in the Twilight Trilogy): lots of fun to read, very unhealthy relationships, very teenaged
Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey: not done with this one, but we've read quite a bit of it for class "homework," definitely recommended, but the jokes are funnier Live

Movies/Shows I've Seen:
Alien v. Predator: very scary and gory, good thing I'm not prone to nightmares
Outlander - Space guy crashes his ship on Earth during Viking times, because he's hunting a "dragon" (space monster), and they all have to fight it off. : Surprisingly very well done given the far-fetched story. Recommended. (if you like SciFi)
Lost, Season 1: very good, full of suspense and character development (pretty much the whole show)
Julie and Julia: surprisingly very cute after I got mixed reviews. good characters, funny, it's based on a true story, and the marriages are solid. Definitely recommended.
Twilight: Teen craze= Fun movie; book's better.

Notable Events:
hmmmm this one's SOOO hard... ;)
New Year's with the Whitings
going away dinners with Dunlaps, Waxlers, Martins, and Cavin :)
Cassidy and Mitch left for Uganda and are now working at the orphanage
we MOVED out of Texas
we MOVED into Iowa
started Financial Peace University
Robert started work at Rockwell
finally found a Bisquick cook book/magazine :D


Blessings:
Besides the very long list at the end of my moving blog,
We have visited 2 churches - New Life Community Church & New Covenant Bible Church, both great
Robert has lots of LeTU friends that work at Rockwell
Robert has a great manager and "sponsor" (mentor) at work
I have mastered the Cesar Milan zen of walking 2 dogs at the same time and being in control!
Phew! Look at that! That's quite a blog! (Thanks Barbara!)
Yay! I like this kind of blog. I'm impressed about walking the dogs, in particular. You've got two pretty strong dogs there! Thanks for reading the twilight books for me! Now I don't feel so alone. :-)
ReplyDelete