In the name of Pi,
3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209
ok, I'm done.
In case there is ANY doubt, I definitely don't have pi memorized past "3.14." That's all you need to know in high school math.
I was first introduced to Pi Day (March 14th if you haven't caught on yet) my second semester in college, when Robert's roommate made a pie for Pi Day. I knew then that this was a "holiday" I could get behind. I don't really have any great attachment to pi, considering my math education stopped at Pre-Calculus, and even that is spotty. I'm just here for the pie.
I'm very proud of my little Pi Pie (teeheehee), but I think next year I'll try to step it up like the pies I saw on Google images. However, we didn't eat pie at 1:59 am/pm on March 14 like you're SUPPOSED ;) to; we just had our pie at nine o'clock or so.
In case you missed it, Google also celebrated Pi Day with a very nice "Google doodle" as they're apparently called.

If you missed this shining opportunity to make a pie AND be nerdy, you can make up for it on Pi Approximation Day - July 22nd (22/7).
I hope everyone had a wonderful Pi Day on Sunday, I know we did!
Rebecca,
ReplyDeleteThanks for leaving some great comments for my reader Nyasia yesterday! You have great ideas!