A few months ago my college friend, Jessica, (not the one with the laundry soap) had a sweet baby boy! At that time
I will not go into the how here, because I depended completely on several great tutorials online.
- For the 2-in-1 Stroller Messenger Bag, check out Make It and Love It. This tutorial is the meat of what I followed to create this bag.
- For other inspiration or more complicated bags, here are 11 Free Diaper Bag tutorials.
- Mr. Monster himself was inspired by a monster messenger bag like this on etsy. I can't find the original on etsy anymore, but these little monsters have started springing up all over crafty cyberspace.
(For those of you who care, I actually deliberated a lot about if it was nice to copy an idea off etsy. Firstly, I'm not reselling, and I'm not telling you how to do it. You can fend for yourself and make it up like I did. Secondly, I would have no problem copying something from Target, right? EXCEPT that I would feel like I'm sticking it to The Man, but I feel like etsy people are trying to make a buck off their creativity. Oh well. I did it.)
So, without further ado, a Monstrously Cute Diaper Bag for Jessica!
And thanks to Lissa, a positively adorable Monster to hug and play with!
I think he needs a close up, don't you?
I just love his little toes!!!!
As for the bag, it was a lot of work, and Lissa wants to see details. (She [in Texas] mailed the monster and accessories to me [in Iowa], so I could put them in a box and mail them back to Jess [in Texas] with the bag. Thus, I got to hug and squish Mr. Monster, but she never got to see the bag up close.)
| "Monster in the headlights" |
| Back of bag |
| Inside of bag |
For stretchy inside pockets, I used this tutorial.
The rest of her tutorial was too hard for me. Then again, that could be because all her prints kind of made me dizzy after while. Very cute in the final product though!
And then there were snaps!
Hanging down and hitting your feet VS. snapped up and easy to access without removing from the stroller!
Special thanks to my sweet neighbor for letting me use her stroller for my photo shoot. It was much easier than accosting some poor family at church.
Accessories! by Lissa
| 3 light flannel blankets |
| 3 pacifier clips & plastic rings |
Accessories! by Becca
Wet bag (plasticky lining for wet clothes)
Using a wonderful tutorial from A Lemon Squeezy Home
Whew! That's all folks!!
Hey, just thought you should know that you sewed the strap on the bag wrong. Only one side of the long strap is supposed to be detachable. If you'd followed the directions as you say, you'd have seen that on one side, you actually sew in the long strap and the short snap strap together on the one side. That way, you don't lose the long strap, because it's attached to the bag. Only one side will snap together, and the extra short strap snaps in on itself when not being used in the stroller. Just thought you should know for future reference! :) Cute fabric, btw! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip! That DOES make more sense! I did my best to follow the tutorial but it's easy to lose track on long posts like that. Thanks!
Delete