Every Christmas, all my patience and self-control goes out the window. (Not that there was much of it.) I suddenly want to buy decorations, lights, wreaths, blankets...etc...that I can't afford. Or won't, I should say.
I was just about to burst last week, realizing I had frittered away my November cash without a single piece of glitter to show for it. SO, I was determined to make some nice Christmas decorations out of what I had in the house. (I did have to run to Joann's for more white felt and iron-on stuff.)
I was just about to burst last week, realizing I had frittered away my November cash without a single piece of glitter to show for it. SO, I was determined to make some nice Christmas decorations out of what I had in the house. (I did have to run to Joann's for more white felt and iron-on stuff.)
New pillow covers. :)
Paper Lanterns
(plus awesome piney stuff from a tree outside)
I made them with scrapbook paper and a jumbo thumbtack.
Unfortunately, my little battery tea lights (3 for a dollar at Dollar Tree!) aren't quite strong enough to glow through scrapbook paper. Duh. So I recommend just colored paper.
(The red lanterns have Christmas trees on them.)
So there are my decorations (so far)!
And thank you Robert for trusting me! :D
Awesome pillows!
ReplyDeleteWow! I love those pillows too! Did you cut out your own shapes? They look so good!
ReplyDeleteThanks! And yes Corrie - I did. There are links to my stencils at the bottom of the post. :)
ReplyDeleteI traced them on to Heat&Bond, then ironed on to felt, then cut out (1/4" allowance), then ironed onto pillows...then sewed around all the edges to reinforce. The snowflake took FOREVER!