Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Pinterest Work Out and Slow Motion Burpees

I did it! I just tried the at-home workout below and I feel great! I little wobbly and out of shape (ok very out of shape), but I did the whole thing 2 times. (Ok I only did the "wall sit" once.)

Lessons Learned:

1. Now I know what "vigorous" workout means by the definition of sweating in the first 3-5 min. I've always had trouble with the "Can you talk? Can you sing?" measures of intensity because as a former trumpet player (while marching across a field), I have pretty good breath support. And frankly, it takes quite a lot to keep me from talking. ;)

2. Burpees are hard. I've seen people of various fitness levels do burpees (ie. my personal trainer friends vs. The Biggest Loser contestants) but I wanted to make sure I did it right, so I googled "How to do a Burpee" and clicked How to do a Burpee Properly. I watched her for a few seconds and got the basic idea: push up + jump up in the air.

Let's just say my burpee was not so fluid. More reminiscent of the first week on The Biggest Loser. A) I can't actually do a 'real' push up. B) I can't just jump my feet forward like that! Either way, my slow-motion burpees were definitely working me out and I am very proud of myself! ^^)

There you have it! My rambling commentary on trying Pinterest workouts. :)


1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! Good for you! I need to get back into doing my workouts, too. this is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete