I'b sick. Danks to daycare. It habbens every subber. I washed by hads idcessantly. Especially with the sticky babies. I don' dow why I'b always so addoyed. Thus, I'b drinkig lots of water and popping vitabid C whedever I rebebber.
But THIS year I have a husband. *sigh* Yesterday he looked all over the house for my medicine tin (retro Barbie tin, Thanks to Lissa) that I just KNEW that I packed to move to Longview. I followed him pathetically from room to room as he moved around boxes, checked up-high cabinets, and tried to help me remember where I last remembered it, etcetera, etcetera.
He also went with me to Walmart to compare prices per pill and symptoms addressed and I-don't-want-liquid-only-pill factors. We decided on nasal spray (I now know why my grandmother was addicted) and WalMart brand cold medicine (non-drowsy, congestion, cough, fever reducer, and pain reliever).
Above all this is the wonderful fact that because we're married, we have declared it an inevitable fact that he will get sick or not get sick regardless of whether or not I kiss him and cuddle up to him (which I am extra prone to when I'm sick).
I know this is all really mind-blowing. Being married with a cold. (Not to be confused with "married with a kid".) But for a 2 week and 2 day newlywed, it is! I don't have to go back to a dorm room and be pathetic. I get to be with my husband and be pathetic! Ha!
All of this startling revelation aside - I really like my new job. I do in fact miss daycare by the end of the school year. In August, or in 2 weeks, I will not miss daycare. I will be ready for school to start, leaving me accountable for noone's runny nose, dirty diaper, snack, take-home papers, field trips, or tattle tales.
See? I do love my job. Because right now (2nd work week), I still welcome all those things as familiar territory. It is wonderful to start a new job and already know the ropes. I even have friends! Then again, teachers tend to make friends fast in kind of a "band together or lose your sanity" sort of way.
Sorry so long again. You wonder why I have trouble falling asleep at night. This is how my mind works. (Not to mention the mental background music of a particularly catchy song about lamas.)
Until next time,
get yourself some legal inhalants. They really clear up your sinuses!
Today's word: grommet
grom-met [GRAHM-it]
1. any of various rings or eyelets of metal or the like.
2. a metal-bound eyelet in cloth, sometimes used decoratively, as on a garment.
Thank you Balderdash.
Haha, I like your sick typing! Sorry you're sick though. :-( If it makes you feel better, Nathan is convinced I gave him mono about a month after we got married. He was dog sick for a while, so at least if you infect Robert it'll only be a cold! :-) I'm really glad you're enjoying your job too. It's so nice to feel experienced.
ReplyDelete