I'm so exciting!!!!!!!!! Today I got my letter from the University of Iowa informing me that I have been classified as a Resident. Do you know what this means???? This means I only have to pay $6,824 a year for tuition and fees. Do you see now why I am so excited?
I don't think I've actually been admitted to the university yet, but qualifying as a state resident is the major battle in my opinion. Apparently, the only way you don't have to live in the state for a year is if you can prove that you moved to the state for reasons other than education. In our case, Robert's employment was the kicker - paper work on when he was offered the job, when he started, his full-time status, and that we cross our hearts and promise we are going to file taxes in Iowa. Enough with the nitty gritty legal forms though. That's no fun to read. What is fun to read? Pictures! ;)

I'm thinking that if I am going to go to school here I should probably go visit. Ya think?
"U of I" is in Iowa City, about 30 or 40 minutes South of where we live.

Not that I will be sporting a jersey any time in the next decade, but here's the mascot.
Whoa....it just occured to me that my school colors will NOT be blue and yellow/gold for the first time in my LIFE.

I'm impressed. Hawks are actually vicious looking. No more settlers or stinging insects for me! ;)

Drum roll please........... I just read online that they have the biggest library in Iowa! Now that is how college is supposed to be!
(Recognize this picture?)
I'm actually quite excited now! Not just about saving money - about actually going to school there. I'm so glad I have a weak mind and I know how to talk myself into moods.....
I guess I'll worry about the nightmares of getting lost (pictured in every college movie) later.
For now I'm just ecstatic that I will be paying $7,000 instead of $22,000! (the going rate around here)
I'll be sure to let you all know when I actually get accepted. Either that or come crawling back with a shameful retraction. :(
Have a wonderful day!
haha, I love how you convey your excitement through the post and your writing, so much so that your intro line is "I am so exciting!" SO CUTE rebecca! awww. very excited for you. :-)
ReplyDelete