I'm twenty-one! Ha! What is the world coming to?
Let me just say, that I did not dare miss any chance to live it up on my twenty-first birthday. Clubbing, dancing, jello shots.... just kidding.
On Thursday night, I made fried chicken, rice & gravy (my favorite) and we bought a delicious cake from the grocery store (Have any of you ever heard of HyVee before? I hadn't. It's a grocery store.)
Robert managed to SURPRISE me with flowers even though I KNEW he was going to get some on the way home from work. He told me so. But when he walked in with no flowers, I was a little sad and figured it was because I told him he wasn't supposed to tell me. Silly me - now I didn't get any flowers. I waited a few hours, and finally called to him in the other room while I was cooking, and said, "So you really didn't get me any flowers?" At that moment he walked in with a bouquet of roses! I was so confused. I said, "but you didn't have any flowers -- where did they come from?" Apparently he had put them on the windowsill outside (the same one we moved all the furniture through), then come inside with no flowers just to be tricky, then went to the bedroom real fast to get the flowers through the window and hide them. Sneaky sneaky. Only Robert would be able to tell someone flat out that he was buying them flowers, then still surprise me when he did.
For dinner & dessert, we cuddled up to watch "A Walk in the Clouds" and tried not to laugh too much at Keanu Reeves inability to act. Poor guy. Sweet movie though. I don't know how they managed to make "A Walk in the Clouds" look steamy in the poster. It's incredibly modest.

Below: our tasty cake.
FYI: Robert had wine and I had Sparkling Red Grape Juice. Alcohol is gross. Whatever acceptable amount of mental fuzziness people are shooting for, it's just not worth the effort of covering up the wretched taste ...that can't really be covered up anyway. I honestly don't see the point. Please don't try to make it sound worth it either. Happy Twenty-First Birthday to me. ;)
Happy 21st! Don't worry, Corrie didn't like alcohol either, but between a couple of tasty ones (starting with spiked milk), she's beginning to come around. :-)
ReplyDeleteNathan
I'm going to have reassess my opinion of both Robert and Nathan!!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha! THAT'S fantastic! I'm glad I found your old posts. =D
ReplyDelete