"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." ~Tenneva Jordan
I can NOT even begin to tell you how much I love you, Mom. I cannot remember a time when I could not come to you for a question, a pony tail (or a french "Y" braid), a glass of chocolate milk, or a hug. You've always been available, and you've always showered me with love and hugs. Not to mention.... sewing, building, painting, playing Barbies, building sheet tents, or giving head rubs.
However, I want everyone else to know how amazing you are.
#1. My mom is B-E-A-U-tiful. Don'tcha think?

#2. She loves my Dad a lot. (even though we all like to pick on him sometimes.)

#3. She loves her family a lot.

#4. She likes to play.

#5. She can build anything.

However, I have to note that Lissa and my mom built this tree-house together.
#6. She can fish too.

If stranded on a deserted island, I have every confidence that my mother would be the first to kill a boar.
#7. She can sew anything.

The first picture is of my ever-flexible mother sewing the bustle loop on to my train....on the morning of the wedding, because we forgot to earlier.
I wish I had a better shot of example number two, because that is not me. It is my friend, Michelle, in 10th grade at a Fashion Show Fundraiser. Michelle and I designed the purple dress, and Mom made it. PLUS a matching skirt for Michelle's poodle (facing away from the camera of course). I think Michelle was also the recipient of a floor length cloak (Mom-made) for her birthday.
If only I had pictures of the numerous dresses my mother has made for me over the years (usually including a matching Barbie and/or American Girl dress), but that would make this blog much longer than it's already getting.
#8. She can cook anything.
I seriously wish I had a picture for this.
Over the years (due to her daughter's whims), she's made homemade cream puffs, fudge, 2-tiered birthday cakes, Chicken Kiev, and many a batch of Chicken Fried Steak.
#9. Have I mentioned yet that she's beautiful?

#10. She brings joy to everyone.
Sometimes in the form of Easter ducklings.

and last
#11. She is my very best friend.
Sorry to my other best friends and bestest friends. I have to confess you are mere mortals. Even though I love you, you can't compare with my mother.
Mom, you've been there for me. Always. I wish I had more pictures from when I was little with you, because all the ones I have with me here are of me. But as I look at all the prints in my long-lost-someday-to-be-scrapbooked envelope, I know that YOU are behind every picture. You followed me to football games, band contests, choir concerts, field trips, youth events, Baccalaureate, and Graduation taking pictures for me of my friends and memories. Behind every picture I know my mother was there - following me to every event without complaint. (okay NOW I'm crying.)
And you've certainly put in many many hours as my best friend. I'm pretty sure you drove me to school the majority of Kindergarten to 12th grade, and most of the time I rode with you to church. For anybody that knows me, they know that that equals a LOT of man hours listening to Becca talk in the car. :) Not to mention while you cooked, cleaned, dried your hair, did my hair, tried to take a shower in peace, tried to go to the bathroom in peace, or tried to watch TV in silence. I would imagine the house is pretty quiet (and peaceful) now that I've moved out.
I love you, Mom. Thank you so much. For everything. Every hug, every band contest, every sparkly outfit or twirly skirt, every time you pulled back my hair while I puked my guts out, and every bedtime story or prayer or song.
Thank you.
Happy Mother's Day.
Happy Mother's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment